Starting in the Summerof 2015 Links Hall will be supporting an annual Performance Scholarship to ACRE to encourage interdisciplinary collaboration in the arts and foster new opportunities for performing artists to work intensively on the development and research of new works. The awarded recipient will headline an “ACRE evening” at Links Hall and receive a modest stipend for that evening’s performance.
ACRE (Artists’ Cooperative Residency and Exhibitions) is a volunteer-run non-profit based in Chicago devoted to employing various systems of support for emerging artists and to creating a generative community of cultural producers. ACRE investigates and institutes models designed to help artists develop, present, and discuss their practices by providing forums for idea exchange, interdisciplinary collaboration, and experimental projects.
You must apply to be eligible for the Links Hall performance Scholarship.
The Links Hall ACRE Residency Scholarship is part of Links’ Scaffolding Project, underwritten by The Boeing Company
To qualify for a Links Hall Performance Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- An artist working in performance who is over the age of 18.
- Apply to the ACRE Residency Program by program deadline.
- Indicate eligibility for the Links Hall Performance Scholarship on the financial aid section of the ACRE Application.
- Eligibility for the Links Hall Performance Scholarship will be based on the applicant’s residency in Chicago and self-identification as a performance artist in the ACRE application process.
- Links Hall will contribute will contribute a $1,000 fee to ACRE to cover actual cost of their 2 week residency program.
- Scholarship recipient will present their work at during an “ACRE Night” event to be hosted annually at Links Hall for the duration of the scholarship.
- Links Hall will provide a modest artist stipend toward each “ACRE Night” event. The Links Hall Performance Scholarship will be allocated to the highest scoring performance art applicant, as determined by the ACRE’s Residency Admissions Panel review process. Links Hall will maintain final review option.